Edgar Cervantes / Android Authority
Fb encourages us to share all the pieces about our lives, however some issues are greatest suited to specific audiences. For instance, your mom or your boss doesn’t have to learn about that incredible social gathering you went to final night time, the place you have been so drunk, you went residence with a visitors cone. So when posting one thing, ask your self “who must see this and who doesn’t?”. Right here’s a rundown on the assorted Fb privateness settings and how you can set every one.
Learn extra: 10 greatest third-party Fb apps for Android
To set a Fb privateness setting to make it shareable, open the Fb put up field in both the desktop web site or the cell app, and click on the small Public field beneath your title. This may present you the assorted privateness settings accessible. Select one and it’ll replace the put up.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
Fb put up privateness settings defined
While you put up one thing on Fb, you’re given the chance of deciding the privateness stage of that put up. Fb clearly prefers that you simply make the put up public, however you’ll be able to prohibit the viewers if want be. The varied privateness settings are:
- Public — because the title implies, this makes the put up seen to the entire world.
- Mates — this makes your put up seen to solely your authorized Fb associates.
- Mates besides… — Your Fb associates will see this put up, however with the next exceptions…
- Particular associates — your put up will solely be proven to these you specify.
- Solely me — solely you will notice the put up. Type of like speaking to your self or preserving a secret diary (besides Mark Zuckerberg is studying it too, so possibly not that secret.)
- Customized — A bit like Particular associates and Mates besides the place you’ll be able to specify who sees it and who doesn’t. One distinction right here although is that you would be able to additionally title customized viewers lists right here, which we’ll cowl within the subsequent part.
Creating customized viewers lists
When you click on on Customized, you can be offered with this, the place you will notice the phrase lists. That is the place you’ll be able to segregate your Fb associates into numerous classes so you’ll be able to share posts simply with pre-arranged teams of individuals.
It’s a must to make these lists earlier than utilizing them in a brand new put up, as there isn’t a hyperlink to create a brand new checklist within the Customized possibility. To create a customized viewers checklist, go to Friends–>Custom Lists.
Solid your eye to the underside of the web page on the left. Click on the Create Record hyperlink.
Give your checklist a descriptive title (I named mine Android Authority) and you’ll then be invited so as to add individuals to the checklist. Click on Save adjustments once you’re completed.
If I now wish to make a Fb put up and prohibit it solely to the individuals in that checklist, I’d select Customized from the dropdown menu and sort in Android Authority.
Find out how to make a Fb put up shareable when posting
To start out, click on the Public field beneath your title within the put up field.
As indicated within the earlier part, choose your privateness setting and exit. The put up will routinely replace with the brand new privateness stage.
Find out how to make an present Fb put up shareable
If a put up is already revealed, it’s very simple to return in and alter the privateness setting. There are two routes to the identical vacation spot.
You’ll be able to both click on the brand beneath your title, or you’ll be able to click on the three horizontal dots on the far proper. Clicking both one will lead you to right here.